Make a difference to tamariki by getting the knowledge and skills you need to act.
Don’t be a missed opportunity for a child that needs help.
This training is your starting point on your safeguarding and child protection learning journey. It would also serve as a good refresher as it is an introduction to the essentials of safeguarding and child protection. This knowledge is essential for everyone who works with our tamariki and rangatahi.
What will I learn?
- How prevalent child abuse and neglect is in New Zealand.
- How to recognise vulnerable children and families and intervene early to prevent abuse and neglect.
- How to recognise and confidently respond to signs of abuse and neglect.
- How to handle disclosures of abuse and neglect.
- What systems and processes assist in preventing abuse and neglect from occurring within your organisation.
- The vital role that a Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy play in keeping children safe.
- Understanding and navigating the challenges which may impede helping a child.
- Relevant legislation and guidance established to protect children.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who works directly or indirectly with children or young families in either a professional or volunteer capacity.
Course name: Safeguarding & Child Protection
Date/time: Tuesday, 5 July, 1–4.30pm
Venue: ASB Sports Centre, 72 Kemp Street, KILBIRNIE 6022
Duration: 3.5 hours includes a short break with light refreshments
Cost: $145 per person
Registration: ONLINE - Required - space is limited: https://safeguardingchildren.org.nz/seminar-register-form/?InfoodleForm…
Certificate: Sent via email after seminar.
For more information about Safeguarding Children and other courses we offer: www.safeguardingchildren.org.nz/training/upcoming-events
Safeguarding Children, trusted experts in child protection training and services, are proud to be an approved agency of Oranga Tamariki and Ministry of Education.