Incredible Years Parent | Marae Based Group Leaders training workshop
Whāraurau invites you to our:
Marae based Group Leaders training workshop
Please note: we are currently deciding whether to proceed with this training on the marae, due to concerns about Omicron. We've temporarily suspended the registrations until we've made a final decision.
Whāraurau is pleased to offer a 2022 Marae based training for group leaders to be hosted by Lisa Herewini & Jens Andersen.
The Incredible Years® Parent (IYP) three-day marae based training for Māori kaimahi will be held in Tauranga (A decision will be made early next year regarding whether or not this can be a noho Marae, or if it will need to remain as just Marae based learning, Marae details to follow).
This hui is also open to Group leaders who are not trained IYP group leaders.
The kaupapa o ngā rā will focus on Incredible Years® Parent accreditation, tailoring for culturally appropriate delivery, resources to support kaiako in immersion settings, and having FUN.
You will need to bring:
- A face covering (which we encourage you to wear if physical distancing is difficult)
- Your COVID-19 vaccine pass
Catering costs will be covered for the duration of the hui.
All potential attendees must first be approved by the Ministry of Education before they can be accepted onto the session.
Please register quickly as attendance will be limited to 20 participants.
We welcome your attendance with these requirements:
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
COVID-19 PASS: If you are able, please upload your COVID-19 Pass when you register below, or be prepared to email it through to us on request. We may need to sight your pass at the venue, and keep a copy of your pass on our records until the event is finished*.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We still need to determine whether or not we will just need to sight your pass at the marae, or if we will need to keep a copy of your pass on our records until the event is finished. To save time, and if you are able, please upload your pass when you register below, or be prepared to email it through to us on request. We will keep all registrants up to date with any changes to the requirements.
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19
- You are not awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- You have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have not returned, or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days
- You or anyone in your family have not been asked to self-isolate over the last 14 days
Please scan the QR code when you arrive at the venue. Scanning the QR code will provide a record of you being on site.
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.
For enquiries about this event, please contact Sasha Beamsley: