Trauma informed wellbeing for Asian Whānau
Aashini Juston, Grace Ryu, Hannah Lee, Tenisha Kumar, Romy Lee and Jannine Nock
This webinar was recorded on Thursday 10th August 2023 https://wharaurau.org.nz/events/trauma-informed-wellbeing-asian-whanau
- Aashini Jutson – Counsellor Asian Family Services: - Sharing korero from gambling harm & parenting in Aotearoa from a trauma lens.
- Grace Ryu – Ops Manager Asian Health Services: Sharing korero around social environments when racism is ongoing, stats, resources and creating a trauma-informed environment for tamariki & challenges around engaging Asian whānau)
- Hannah Lee - Team Leader Asian Mental Health Service: Supporting Grace with korero around social environments when racism is ongoing, creating a trauma-informed environment for tamariki & challenges around engaging Asian whānau)
- Tenisha Kumar – Counsellor: Sharing korero around the student population, 1.5/2.0 generations and their struggles from a trauma lens.
- Romy Lee – DAPAANZ registered counsellor/ Youth Advisory Lead: Romy is the Youth advisory lead at Whāraurau and will spend some time-sharing Asian youth experiences when accessing services and tips on how services can make engagement more youth-friendly.
- Jannine Nock - Trauma Project Manager: Discussing Trauma informed care and considerations for South Asian young people.