20220519-20 Foundations TtT/SACS TtT
Whāraurau invites you to attend one or both of these workshops:
Foundations in ICAMH Train the Trainer workshop
Thursday 19 May 2022 9:00am - 2:30pm Online
These Train the Trainer workshops will assist experienced ICAMH/AOD staff to:
- Deliver the Foundations in ICAMH training package to staff
- Deliver training to staff regarding the SACS ABC screening and brief intervention
Facilitator: Bronwyn Pagey
Co Presenter: Vivienne Neilson
You are welcome to attend either or both workshops
Foundations in ICAMH:
- The Foundations in ICAMH training package enhances the skills and knowledge of staff in infant, child and youth mental health, and AOD concerns.
- It can be used as part of orientation training and ongoing professional development.
- By completing the Foundations in ICAMH Train the Trainer workshop, staff will progress toward meeting the primary and core levels of the Real Skills Plus ICAMH/AOD Competency Framework.
- Please note the prerequisites below.
Prerequisites for trainers attending the Foundations in ICAMH workshop include:
- Completion of ICAMH 1-3 eLearning modules
- Completion of Primary Level Real Skills Plus competency framework
SACS-ABC Train the Trainer workshop
Friday 20 May 2022 9:00am - 2:30pm Online
- The SACS is a tool designed for screening NZ young people aged 13 to 20 for any current or potential substance-related harm. It is a core skill for clinicians to offer SACS ABC brief intervention for harm reduction and can motivate young people to change their behaviour or seek specialist help for their substance use.
Facilitator: Jo Claridge
Prerequisites/Pre-reading for trainers attending SACs training include:
Whāraurau supports trainers in developing and delivering the workshops.
There is no cost for attendance.
For queries about Foundations in ICAMH or SACS, please contact: