Foundations in Youth Mental Health / AOD - Christchurch
Whāraurau invites you to attend this in-person event:
Foundations in Youth Mental Health / AOD
This training will include:
- Youth brain development.
- Review social, emotional and cognitive development of young people.
- Describe the ways that professionals can best engage with young people when discussing mental health issues.
- Identify ways in which professionals can ensure they provide youth-friendly services.
- Understand main mental health challenges facing young people.
- Understand common mental health and AOD disorders in young people.
09:00am - Welcome / Whakawhanaungatanga / Introductions
09:30am - Understanding Young People
10:30am - Engagement with Young People
10:55am - Screening / Assessment - Key Factors
11:55am - Lunch
01:00pm - Common Mental Health Concerns
02:10pm - Youth AOD
03:00pm - Close
There is no cost to attend.
Registrations to attend are below.
Please note, that confirmation of registration will be subject to approval.
Registrations close on 5 August 2022.
For queries about this event, please contact: