Incredible Years Parent | Group leader Basic training
Whāraurau invites you to register your interest to attend
In-person 3-day group leader training workshop for delivery of the Incredible Years® Parenting Basic programme in Auckland
This training workshop is intended for professionals who will be delivering the Incredible Years® Parenting Programme for families with children aged three to eight years (including those with significant behavioural difficulties).
Training dates - you must attend all days in full
- Wednesday 8 February 2023
- Thursday 9 February 2023
- Friday 10 February 2023
All sessions will start promptly at 9.00am and finish at 5.00pm. Registration opens at 8.30am on each day.
Who should attend?
This training is for clinicians/therapists with a background in social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, teaching, occupational therapy, family therapy, or child and adolescent psychiatry. A good understanding of parenting, child development, and knowledge of group work processes will maximise this training experience.
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over 3 days. 'Completion of training' certificates will be given to attendees who attend the full course.
There is an expectation that those who attend this training continue to work towards accreditation in the programme. Information regarding accreditation is provided at the workshop.
Commitment required from practitioner
- Attend all three days – if you are unable to attend the three days, please do not register.
- Manager’s support for attendance at the full three days' training and subsequent consultation days and fidelity workshops.
- Agreement to ongoing communication with Whāraurau on your accreditation pathway plan, support opportunities and progression.
- Ongoing co-delivery of the IY Parenting Programme with another IY-trained practitioner from your organisation.
Training enables Group Leaders to deliver
- The Incredible Years® Toddler Programme (1 – 3 years).
- The Incredible Years® Pre-School Programme (3 - 6 years).
- Note: An additional Update Day is required to deliver the School Age Programme (specifically focused for the older age group, 9 - 12 years) and the Baby Programme (0 - 12 months). This three-day training is a prerequisite for attending all Update Days.
Group leader manuals and resources are not provided at this training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Please note that you are registering your interest for this event. Places are limited and will be allocated after discussion with MOE as part of the selection process. Confirmation of training places will be confirmed via email after the closing date.
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop and catering will be provided.
More information about Basic Trainings can be found below
For queries about this event please contact:
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.