Incredible Years Teacher Autism | Group Leader Training
Whāraurau invites you to register your interest to attend
In-person 3-day Training workshop for delivery of the Incredible Years® Teacher Autism Programme
Facilitated by Lee Taylor-Burt and Sheila Russell
Training dates - you must attend all days in full
- Wednesday 19 July 2023, 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Thursday 20 July 2023, 8.30am - 430pm
- Friday 21 July 2023, 8.30am - 4.30pm
All sessions will start promptly at 9.00am and finish at 4.30pm. Registrations open at 8.30am on each day.
What can I expect and who should attend?
Teachers and early childhood educators of children aged 2–5 on the autism spectrum, who would then develop as group leaders to run programmes for teachers.
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over three days. 'Completion of training' certificates will be given to attendees who attend the full course. There is an expectation that those who attend this training continue to work towards accreditation in the programme. Information regarding accreditation is provided at the workshop.
Commitment required from practitioner
- Attend all three days – if you are unable to attend all the days, please do not register.
- Manager’s support for attendance at the full three day's training and subsequent consultation days and fidelity workshops.
- Agreement to ongoing communication with Whāraurau on your accreditation pathway plan, support opportunities and progression.
- Ongoing co-delivery of the IY Teacher Autism Programme with another IY-trained practitioner.
Group leader manuals and resources are not provided at this training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Please note that you are registering your interest for this event. Places are limited and will be allocated after discussion with MOE as part of the selection process. Confirmation of training places will be confirmed via email after the closing date.
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop and catering will be provided.
More information about Basic Trainings can be found hereunder:
For enquiries about this event, please contact Jennie Gan:
We welcome your attendance with these requirements:
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.