Incredible Years Teacher | Group Leader Training
Whāraurau invites you to register your interest to attend
In-person 3-day Training workshop for delivery of the Incredible Years® Teacher Programme in Wellington
Facilitated by Anna Dickson and Kim Thomson
This workshop is intended for professionals who will be delivering the Incredible Years® Teacher Programme and is the first step in developing group leader skills to deliver the IY TCM Programme to educators of children aged 4- to 8-years. Teachers find themselves spending increasing amounts of time attending to students’ aggressive, hyperactive and non-compliant behaviours in the classroom. If these behaviours are ignored, or if teachers give them negative attention, they will continue to increase, leading to eventual school failure and antisocial behaviour. The Teacher Classroom Management Programme aims to provide teachers with the skills to effectively manage their classroom and promote children’s social, emotional, and academic competence.
Training dates - you must attend all days in full
- Wednesday 16 November 2022
- Thursday 17 November 2022
- Friday 18 November 2022
Day 1 – Start time is 9am – Finish time is 4.30pm
Day 2 – Start time is 8.30am – Finish time is 4.30pm
Day 3 – Start time is 8.30am – Finish time is 3.30pm
All sessions will start promptly at the times listed above.
What can I expect and who should attend?
The Incredible Years® Teacher programme helps teachers strengthen classroom management strategies, promote children’s prosocial behaviour and reduce classroom aggression. The programme can be useful for teachers, teacher aides, psychologists, school counsellors, and any school personnel working with young children.
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over three days. 'Completion of training' certificates will be given to attendees who attend the full course. There is an expectation that those who attend this training continue to work towards accreditation in the programme. Information regarding accreditation is provided at the workshop.
Commitment required from practitioner
- Attend all three days – if you are unable to attend the three full days, please do not register.
- Manager’s support for attendance at the full three day's training and subsequent consultation days and fidelity workshops.
- Agreement to ongoing communication with Whāraurau on your accreditation pathway plan, support opportunities and progression.
- Ongoing co-delivery of the IY Teacher Programme with another IY-trained practitioner.
Group leader manuals and resources are not provided at this training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Registration of interest closes: Friday 14 October 2022, or earlier if capacity has been reached.
Please note that you are registering your interest for this event. Places are limited and will be allocated after discussion with MOE as part of the selection process. Confirmation of training places will be confirmed via email after the closing date.
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop and catering will be provided.
Venue: Face to Face event
More information about trainings can be found below
For enquiries about this event, please contact Noleen Tuck:
Please read our policy on use of personal information
We welcome your attendance with these requirements:
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.
This event has taken place already.