Incredible Years Teacher | Kaimahi Group Leader 3 day Noho Marae
Whāraurau invites you to our:
Kaimahi Group Leader 3 day Noho Marae
Whāraurau is pleased to offer a 2022 Noho Marae for kaimahi group leaders to be hosted by Michele Jones, Paeone Goonan & Hora Dillion.
The Incredible Years® Teacher (IYT) three-day noho marae for Māori kaimahi will be in Opotiki at Waioweka Marae. (The dates that were sent out in the mailer were incorrect - the dates mentioned here are the correct dates).
This hui is also open to Māori kaiako who are not trained IY TCM group leaders, but who may be involved in the IY Beginnings programme.
The kaupapa o ngā rā will focus on Incredible Years® Teacher accreditation, tailoring for culturally appropriate delivery, resources to support kaiako in immersion settings, and having FUN.
You will need to bring:
- A sleeping bag/bedding (a mattress and pillow are provided)
- Personal toiletries including a bath towel
- A video clip of you leading a group (This will be 5-10 minutes long and will be a clip that you think you have done well or a clip that you would like to get some ideas about leading it differently)
- A face covering (which we encourage you to wear if physical distancing is difficult)
- Your COVID-19 vaccine pass
Accommodation and catering costs will be covered for the duration of the hui. We will also be able to assist with travel costs on request.
All potential attendees must first be approved by the Ministry of Education before they can be accepted onto the session.
Please register quickly as attendance will be limited to 20 participants.
We welcome your attendance with these requirements:
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
COVID-19 PASS: If you are able, please upload your COVID-19 Pass when you register below, or be prepared to email it through to us on request. We may need to sight your pass at the venue, and keep a copy of your pass on our records until the event is finished*.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We still need to determine whether or not we will just need to sight your pass at the marae, or if we will need to keep a copy of your pass on our records until the event is finished. To save time, and if you are able, please upload your pass when you register below, or be prepared to email it through to us on request. We will keep all registrants up to date with any changes to the requirements.
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19
- You are not awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- You have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have not returned, or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days
- You or anyone in your family have not been asked to self-isolate over the last 14 days
Please scan the QR code when you arrive at the venue. Scanning the QR code will provide a record of you being on site.
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.
For enquiries about this event, please contact Sasha Beamsley: