Autistic and neurodivergent considerations in trauma-informed care
Are you looking to deepen your understanding of trauma's impact on children and adolescents?
Do you want to know more about neurodivergent considerations in trauma-informed care?
This training is divided into three sessions:
Session one: Understanding trauma
- Explore adverse childhood experiences and neurobiological effects of trauma
- Learn the principles of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC)
- Discover how to create a nurturing, trauma-sensitive environment
- Gain insights into trauma frameworks
Session two: Neurodivergent considerations in TIC
- Focus on the unique needs of neurodivergent individuals, particularly those on the autism spectrum
- Discover effective communication strategies
- Explore accommodations and modifications essential for interventions tailored to neurodivergent experiences.
Session three: Screening tools and assessment
- Equip yourself with practical tools for identifying trauma and neurodivergence
- Learn how to effectively screen and assess individuals
- Provide targeted support and interventions
Whether you're a seasoned professional or new to the field, these sessions offer invaluable knowledge and techniques to enhance your practice and better support the children and adolescents in your care.
For queries about this event please contact: