Incredible Years Parent | Group leader training
Are you interested in delivering the Incredible Years® Parent programme within your community?
Do you have a background in social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, teaching, occupational therapy, or child/adolescent psychiatry?
The Incredible Years® Parenting programme focuses on helping parents to grow their parenting skills so they can support their child’s academic, social and emotional skills, and reduce conduct problems.
This training will enable you to deliver the Incredible Years® Parenting programme for families with children aged three to eight years, including those with significant behavioural difficulties.
This is an intensive, practical workshop, and there is an expectation you will continue to work on accreditation in the programme after the course.
Training dates / time (Note: attendance at all days is required)
- Monday 3 July, 9am to 5pm (registration from 8.30am)
- Tuesday 4 July, 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday 5 July, 9am to 5pm
- Attendance at ALL three days of the workshop
- A commitment to working on your accreditation pathway
- Your manager’s support for attendance at the three-day workshop and at further training to achieve accreditation
- On-going co-delivery of the IY Parenting programme with another IY-trained practitioner from your organisation
This training will enable you to deliver
- The Incredible Years® Programme (1-3 years)
- The Incredible Years® Pre-school (3-6 years)
Note: To deliver the school age programme (9-12 years) and the baby programme (0-12 months) requires an additional day of training.
Confirmation of selection
Once you have registered your interest in attending this training, we will review all applicants in conjunction with MOE and confirm your acceptance via email.
Manuals / resources / additional information
Group leader manuals and resources are not provided as part of the training. These can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website . This website also provides you with additional information on the programme.
There is no charge for this training and catering will be provided.
For queries about this event please contact
Please read our COVID-19 guidance for in-person events
* These requirements are subject to review by UniServices – any changes in these requirements will be sent to registrants prior to the event.