Job Vacancies: Youth Consumer Advisor x 2
12 July 2021
Become a Youth Consumer Advisor...
Are you passionate about youth mental health? Have you used youth mental health or addiction services? Would you like to use your experience to make a difference? If the answer is YES, then we'd like to hear from you!
- Have an active say
- 24 hours per week
- Auckland CBD based office
Youth Consumer Advisor:
You have the opportunity to work across several projects to make them youth friendly. You will engage with District Health Boards, non-governmental organisations, the Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission and other youth, either in services, or with those working with youth.
In the role you can expect to participate on panels to effect policy, advocate nationally/internationally, host events, support others in their advocacy work, and design youth friendly resources.
About you now:
- Be passionate about improving mental health outcomes for young people.
- Have a good idea of what 'recovery' means to you.
- Have experience in project work.
- Can relate, identify and connect with youth / peers.
- Enjoy working in a team.
- Can effectively communicate information to diverse audiences.
- Capable of working with Maori and Pacific groups and understand how the Treaty of Waitangi applies to the mental health sector.
You will gain a variety of skills to help you in your future career path.
What you will learn:
During your time with us you will grow these skills to benefit you in your eventual future career.
- Professional and networking skills across a diverse group of young people, service delivery and policy makers.
- Presentation at national level in a variety of forums.
- Writing to a higher level, communications, guidance and reports.
- Supporting Training Facilitation events.
- Stakeholder engagement.
Who we are:
Werry Workforce Whāraurau is contracted by the Ministry of Health to develop the workforce engaged in infant, child and adolescent mental health and addictions.
If this sounds like you apply online now with your CV and cover letter. Applications close on 6 August 2021. Please note interviews may commence immediately on application, so get in quick!